THE BENEFITS OF MINDFULNESS!
Do you know that 7% of Quebec’s payroll is spent on sick leave, 40% of which is related to mental health problems? 18% of Quebec workers have a high level of psychological distress. In the short term, mindfulness workshop Sheffield has the same relaxing benefits as other relaxation methods.
Health research in recent years demonstrates all the benefits of mindfulness. Changing the way you work requires exercise, but after a few practices you will be able to feel the full benefits.
Mindfulness is making yourself more present in your life, so pay attention intentionally to the present moment. Mindfulness is also learning to slow down and even stop. We can take the example of interval training where the rider improves his performance by slowing down his pace considerably in order to better start again. Research shows that by practicing mindfulness, people achieve the desired goals more quickly.
The mindfulness can often work at three levels :
- Stress and anxiety management;
- Prevention of depression.
The mindfulness aims to:
- Improve workplace attention and improve its effectiveness;
- Have a way of being that allows you to live more intensely “here and now”;
- Learn to identify negative effects, automatic thoughts and to get rid of them;
- To know how to accept ourselves as we are.
Some tips to reach the state of mindfulness:
- Take the time to stop whenever possible and at least once a day to ask yourself the following questions:
What do I feel right now?
Am I aware of what I am doing or am I on the autopilot?
- Take the time to breathe deeply and gently. Take the time to feel the feeling of your breath in your nostrils, chest and belly. (10 good breaths)
- Take the time to observe what is happening around you. Observe as if this were the first time, with a fresh look at your work environment, your colleagues, your friends, and your family.
- Take the time to listen to the sounds around you without looking for the source, just listen to it and be aware of the noises around you.
- Take the time to touch to feel what surrounds you.
- When work meetings are long and difficult, take a break with your teams. A few minutes to talk about an unrelated subject, to listen to a new song, to taste a new snack or simply to do a few minutes of yoga or visualization and then you will have a more productive and creative meeting.
Mindfulness is practiced everywhere. During your walks, take the time to slow down and feel, to breathe and to listen. When work requires a lot of time and energy, take the time to stop at least once in a day to put yourself in a state of mindfulness for a moment.
Just as with meditation and yoga, reaching a state of mind requires practice. You also have to be able to apply new ways of doing things one thing at a time.