How to make yummy besanchilla’s at home with Fortune Besan
When it comes to making Indian breakfast you need to add some variety to the usual menu. BesanChilla’s are savoury pancakes that are simple to make and delicious. What makes this dish great is the flavour and aroma of natural chana dal in Fortune Besan.
Fortune Besan is hygienic, made from 100% chana dal and passes through more than 25 quality checks. After cleaning, only the standardized colouredchana dal passes through our advanced color sortex machine for consistency. The highest grade of chana dal is used in grinding Fortune Besan to ensure the finest taste of any recipe This is also one of the reasons why you will find Fortune Besan widely used in many homes today. It is because of all these amazing qualities that it comes with a Purafresh Promise of 100% purity and great taste. Here’s the recipe for a flavourful chilla recipe that will help you enjoy the real taste of Fortune Besan:
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 cup Fortune Besan
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp ajwain
- Water (½ cup or as required)
- ½ onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- ½ tomato (finely chopped)
- 1-inch ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 green chilli (finely chopped)
- 5 tsp oil (for cooking the chilla)
- Salt (as per taste)
Follow this method:
- To start off, take a large mixing bowl and add 1 cup Fortune Besan.
- Add in the ajwain, turmeric powder and salt.
- Next, add the water as required and use a whisk to mix it all together.
- Make a smooth batter out of it and let it rest for 30 minutes or more. This ensures that the water has been absorbed and the colour becomes slightly lighter.
- Once the batter has rested, add in the remaining ingredients.
- Use a ladle to mix it well and bring it to a flowing consistency.
- Heat a tawa and then pour some batter on it. Make sure you spread it gently like a dosa.
- Here you add in the tsp of oil over the chilla and cook it on medium flame.
- Once cooked on the bottom, flip it over and cook the other side as well.
- Once done, fold and serve with green chutney or ketchup.
Now you can enjoy the taste of 100% chana dal with Fortune Besan and cook up this scrumptious breakfast recipe for your entire family.